2.10.2006

The Magic of Sleep


I did something really, REALLY stupid last night. I can't believe I did this at all with all the education and experience I have and down deep, I realize that I am the biggest SCHMUCK.

I decided to take a drive for the night because I was stressed and that I like to sing to the radio. I didn't stop in Orangeville and turned around, no I went all the way to Arthur on Hwy 109 and back down south on Hwy 6 to Guelph. The empty gas tank went ON in Fergus and the gas steadily declined all the way to Acton which is when I had a BRILLIANT idea: I would wait until midnight when my direct deposite cheque came in and then I would buy gas from the vendor.

So when midnight did roll around, my bank amount didn't change, 1 am still no change, 2 am nada. I was wondering whether I would get some sleep.

At 2:45 am, The nice attendant gave me a $10 to get me back home to Brampton.

I deserve not feeling well today and this after noon, I will go back and pay that attendant.

Cheers

p.s. The Magic of Sleep finally rewarded me with my pay cheque amount.

6 Comments:

Blogger S.A.M. Tanner said...

I'm glad that the guy was so nice to give you the $10.00.

Random acts of kindness make the world work.

I appreciate the magic of sleep myself... (my favorite pastime)

11:43 PM  
Blogger An Urban Femme said...

I too am glad Canadians are so fracking nice! Can you imagine if you tried that in Jersey? ;)

Also, you need to give me a lesson in making money appear after I've had a few hours' sleep!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

yes take that man some money and some fried chicken!

glad to hear your sleep finally came. Nothing like a long drive to take your mind away from sorrow. I do it all the time.

HUGS!

8:04 AM  
Blogger edieraye said...

I had to laugh when I read this because it is SO something I would do! I'm glad you got home safe. I have a stash of change I leave in my car for emergency gas money now.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

*hug*

Many people would never have left the house.

You have an adventurous spirit.

10:16 PM  
Blogger newwavegurly said...

Having once been the owner of a car that had a non-functioning gas gauge, I can totally relate to this.

Glad you made it home, and glad you managed to get some sleep.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home