8.05.2005

Everybody had fun at Reinstock. After the pictures that were written, I was impressed with how everyone had gelled into family. I never thought I could find a group of people with one desire: Ecclectic music of all types. and a community which is as safe as it can be.

People in this community look out for each other. Try finding this in the real world. You simply can't. I am glad to be a part of this wonderful community and I know that it will be the best and to take care of them appropriately and the best way that I can do so.

and it all started with a Jeff Buckley classic: Lilac wine. You see in March 2000 I "discovered" a great musician named Jeff Buckley and the fact that he is so cute is unbelievable. The song Lilac wine became my favourite Buckley tune. SO because I couldn't afford the CD yet. I needed to find a radio station that would at least play his music.

Eight months prior, I installed Winamp and played internet radio that was substandard. One day either in July or August of 2ooo, I went to the shoutcast website and found what I was looking for and it was true of the name it called it self: Radio Paradise. Ecclectic radio and what really impressed me was the synopsis that Bill G wrote at the end: "... they can take the FM antennas and shove up their... I get carried away sometimes."

THat did it for me and so for around 5 years, 3 of them being a member, I have enjoyed many different types of music from different cultures and different styles.

The real difference is the people that are a part of the RP community. They are what makes RP special.

But, let us not forget Bill and Rebecca Goldsmith, the husband and wife team who have had a vision of what a radio station SHOULD be and took risks and sacrificed alot to get the product that is loved by so many.

Thank you: Bill and Rebecca, the RP community and especially Jeff Buckley and the song Lilac Wine.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

and bringing us people like you as well!

RP is heaven on earth. and we get to be there with our friends...

;-)

7:28 AM  
Blogger bhd said...

Now tell us about the drunken part!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Yeah, what BHD said! ;-)

12:58 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

We're all so glad to have this chance to get to know YOU and your words have often touched my heart and made my day.

Thank you.

*hug*

~M~

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home