4.06.2005

What a difference a positive ambience makes.

It's me again and let me tell you about my day today. At around this time last night, I felt lower than the ground and throughout the day there was alot of anxiety headaches, anxiety and especially helplessness. I thought about not going to my Toastmasters meeting but I thought to myself: a promise is a promise. So I went and when I didn't finish my speech, I got a warmth and positive energy which is just what I needed. I knew what I was going to do after this; I felt I could conquer the world.

I know I am be alright. There will be problems but I will be able to face them.

I have a problem: fear of failing, this is the worst kind of fear that I wouldn't want anyone else to share. It is always trying to do things perfectly or trying to be the best all the time, failing means not doing well or not able to do things status quo.

I am trying to break my status quo but it is a hard and tough battle but I know I will win. I have to retrain my thoughts to believe that failure isn't doing the things wrong or not being a perfect but the inability to try, inability to do new and exciting things; an inability to live.

I am beating a battle that my parents have and the generations before me, I will do the right things and do the things I would like to achieve.

I will today be proud of myself for getting through a day and taking one step at a time.

Tomorrow I shall return.

1 Comments:

Blogger edieraye said...

Fear of failing is a tough one. For me it wasn't about living up to my own expectations as much as it was living up to everyone else's. I breathe freer now although I don't accomplish as much. It is amazing to look back and see how much I was able to do motivated by fear. At times I wish I could get back some of that drive but from a more productive source.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home